Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day Trip

Tomorrow is a big day. It's the first day of my internship and those first day jitters are out in full force. I'm really excited though and can't wait to get started. Unfortunately, I haven't quite beat the jet-lag, but a few more nights and I should be good to go. On the other hand, I think I've just about got my bearings in Aix. That meant it was time to venture out of the city.  

Just an hour from Aix en Provence is a little town called Les Baux de Provence. It is literally perched on a giant rock smack dab in the heart of the Alpilles overlooking the countryside.

It was the perfect place to stroll in and out of the small shops on the narrow, uphill streets, while drinking an ice cold coca-cola lite. Dubbed as one of the "Most Beautiful Villages in France," it's a wonder I made it back to the bus on time.

Though they hardly do the scenery of Les Baux justice, it was fun to try and capture some of the town's charm and its expansive views. Have a look! 


No comments:

Post a Comment