Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pearls of the Riviera

Give yourself two weeks anywhere and you're bound to have at least 1 heaping pile of laundry. This past Friday night I came in from work and tackled the pesky chore. I watched nervously as the front load washer went round and round for a lengthy period of time for fear there would be one of those "room filled with soap suds leaking water on the tenants below through the cracks in the floor don't know what to do" kind of moments. Then I doubted my education as I tried failed to set up the drying rack.  

But after waking to dry laundry, I set off on a two hour bus ride to parts of the French Riviera: Cannes, Nice, and Monaco with a 4th stop in the medieval village of Eze. With so many stops in such reputable places, it was a jam packed day with no time to lose just waiting for me. 

It was a nice change of pace from the narrow, shop filled streets of Aix to put my toes in the sand and snap some pictures of the Mediterranean littered with yachts and sailboats. 

First on the agenda: CANNES

Then back on the bus for stop #2: NICE 


A quick stop: EZE 

Last on the itinerary: MONACO 

This was my favorite stop of the day! Monaco was literally built up on a giant rock jutting out into the water. I strolled through a flower garden winding down the coastline, saw a bride and her new groom walk down the steps of the church for the 1st time as husband and wife, and though the Prince is married forfeiting the chance of my very own Grace Kelly moment, the day was just too perfect!!
Like I said...too perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment