Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Chill in the Air

Life is full of seasons.


I love all things fall and winter. Pumpkins, Pumpkin spice lattes, & Pumpkin butter from William Sonoma. Scarves. Sweaters. Boots. Apple pie. Hot chocolate with marshmallows. The way the wind makes your cheeks burn. First Christmas tree sightings. Precious moments with family. Time to catch up on your reading list near the fireplace. Etc. Etc. Etc. 

Summer is over for all in Aix en Provence and I couldn't be more thrilled (no air, remember?)! The temps are dropping and that gusty wind the locals call the mistral is no joke! It's not yet winter, but I leave each morning bundled in my scarf and sweater with pockets. It's fantastic! 

But with the cooler weather comes a downfall... 

Walking through the markets to buy my groceries and any other knick-knack I could possibly want is one of my absolute favorite things about life here. I can't imagine it being as pleasant an experience with finger tips too cold to pull apart the plastic bags for bananas!

I'm going to enjoy that crowded morning square for as long as possible. 

Here are a few of my favorite photos from this past weekend's market! 

No comments:

Post a Comment