Sunday, September 15, 2013

Between Cliffs & Calanques

The water felt cool on my bare feet, but the sun's rays were warm on my face as they cast shadows onto the sandy beach.

Maybe that's a bit dramatic (or the opening line to my unwritten novel), but it's a spot on description of my Saturday afternoon spent in the Port of Cassis. 
The shoreline was dotted with colorful storefronts and restaurants filled with people sitting in the shade of the awnings, drink in hand, watching the boats come and go from the port.

It wasn't a hustle & bustle kind of trip. It was a one stop, stop and smell the roses fish kind of trip.

Cassis is a port city, so naturally there are lots of boats...big boats, small boats, fishing boats, inflatable boats, sailboats

And what a more perfect way to relax and take in the scenery than from, you guessed it, a boat. When in Rome France, right? 

This was one of those excursions I didn't want to end. I could've stared at the tree-lined cliffs and crystal blue water all day long, but these will have to do for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment