Saturday, January 18, 2014

Meanwhile...

Today marks 2 full weeks that I've been back in France and I've won my battle against the flu. After years of escaping the plague, I learned the hard way that Campbell's chicken noodle, original lemon-lime gatorade, saltine crackers, and nurse mom cannot be found in the closest monoprix? A tough realization that was! 

It has actually been nice to simply relax with no plans and enjoy the city I've called for home for almost 5 months. 

In the meantime...
Tulips are one of my favorite flowers and were the perfect pick-me-up after being stuck inside my apartment for far too long. 
They're just so happy! 
One of my favorite restaurants is this charming place called Bistro Romaine on the Cours Mirabeau. They also serve this little delight...the crunchy sundae, which was discovered the week my parents spent with me in Aix. I waited on them Thursday night to conclude my work week, but it started melting so...
I didn't have to work this Friday so to kick off my 3 day weekend I spent some time at one my favorite hangouts just off the beaten path here in Aix. With the cold and rainy weather we've been having, I couldn't think up a cozier place than Book in Bar.
Saturday is market day for me when I'm not traveling elsewhere. I donned my wellies and knee length puffer coat and braved the unusually yucky weather...I can't resist the flower market. 

I'm not sure what journeys are ahead, but I'm working on it. I leave Aix on February 27th and will spend my last days in London before my final au revoir. 

I'm left with just enough time and budget for one more long weekend trip.
- Florence? Barcelona? Prague? Edinburgh?- 
You'll be the first to know.
Meanwhile, Bon week-end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment